3031 Long Hollow Pike
Hendersonville, TN 37075
8:00, 9:30, and 11:00am
1200 Hartsville Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066
8:15, 9:30, 10:45, and 12:00pm
“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.”
Refuse to be neutral. Educate yourself. Spread the word. Stand for freedom.
Human Trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings typically for the purposes of forced labor or commercial sex exploitation. In more simplified words, human trafficking is modern-day slavery. There is an estimated 27 million people in slavery today which has led to become the fastest growing criminal industry in the world. You may think it is something that only happens in remote countries, but the reality is that it is happening right here in your own backyard in Middle Tennessee. Over 85 counties made hundreds of reports of trafficking this past year and specifically 94 children are reported trafficked every MONTH in Tennessee. We cannot just stand by and do nothing. We must be a voice for the voiceless and fight for the freedom of those who have no hope.
- The average cost of a slave around the world is $90.
- Human trafficking has been identified as the largest human rights violation in the history of mankind.
- According to estimates, approximately 80 percent of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, and 19 percent involves labor exploitation.
- The average age of a young woman being trafficked is 12–14 years old.
- An estimated 13 million children are enslaved around the world today, accounting for nearly half of trafficking victims in the world.
- Trafficked children are significantly more likely to develop mental health problems, abuse substances, engage in prostitution as adults, and either commit or be victimized by violent crimes later in life.
Long Hollow joins Rescue1, our local anti-trafficking organization partner, in the fight to set free those who are trapped in this industry. We do this by raising awareness through training opportunities and forming task force groups that minister to these individuals and families. Our mission is to combat human trafficking by educating and mobilizing the local church to step into action. We also partner with an international anti-trafficking organization called “Home of New Beginnings” located in Thailand. We take teams of individuals to Thailand to work with those that are trapped in Thailand’s sex industry. Home of New Beginnings provides women and children who desire to break free and start new in a place where they can gain the physical, emotional, spiritual and educational support they need by providing training, counseling and education in a safe and comfortable environment.
Join the Movement
If you are interested in being a part of this ministry, you can join our Monday, Wednesday or Sunday teams as we go into the community to minister directly to those vulnerable to highly trafficked areas in Nashville and surrounding areas. Other ways to get involved include donating food for the teams to prepare, cooking the food that will be delivered across the community, and praying for the teams and those they encounter each week. We cannot do everything on our own, but each of us can do something.
National Human Trafficking Hot line: (888) 373-7888
Nation Human Trafficking Text Hot Line: Text BeFree to (233733)
Tennessee Human Trafficking Hot line: (855) 558-6484